Weary Servant

Tuesday, January 23, 2007  2:59 am


"Serving God is not our initiative, but our response and responsibility.Be confident because God is behind us."

He has a way of answering questions to which you already know the answer. I have been discouraged in continuing to serve the parish. There are people who seem to be getting in the way of my seemingly "enlightened" path to servanthood. I do want to leave the ministry because of them. I sometimes look forward to worshiping on Sundays at my convenience and not worrying about keeping my weekday mass assignments.

But giving up is not included in God's job description of a faithful servant. He reminds me once again (and again and again) that it is Him I serve and no one else. The way is stoney but picking up the stones (to throw at B and H... Sorry, Lord. I couldn't resist it!) is part of the journey to Him. He is indeed behind me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like butter, slowly melting

The Fear of Excess

Falling out of Love?