5.0

03/24/2007 08:49 am

"The next time you feel like God cannot use you, just remember: Noah was a drunk. Jacob was a liar. Leah was ugly. Abraham was too old. Isaac was a daydreamer. Joseph was abused. Gideon was afraid. Elijah was suicidal. Jonah was an escapist. Job was bankrupt. Jeremiah was a crybaby. The disciples fell asleep while praying. Peter denied Christ. And ... Lazarus was dead!"


I knew someday, goody-two-shoes me would fail the test. My evaluation would read like this ... Jandrea was a conditional friend. She could no longer live with a friend's "borderline personality disorder" ( someone else's diagnosis, not mine) and so she bailed out!

And so I began to doubt whether I was a good disciple, whether I deserved to continue my ministry as His servant. I don't know. Maybe this is something that I will need to ponder on come Holy Week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like butter, slowly melting

The Fear of Excess

Falling out of Love?