The sky is crying for me








June 16, 2009 
 


Do not be fooled
By the facade of strength
and Zen calmness

Inside me dwells
A well of grief
For things that couldn't be
And for someone
I will never again see.

Rain is pouring, steady, strong
Then it stops, only to come back again
And again...and again
Challenging my child-like faith
That the sun would light her way Home.
But no, the sky is in mourning too

Shedding the tears
That I do not care to show
Slowly washing away
Regrets and resentments
Till they be no more

The garden she loved is green
The leaves glisten
The flowers are in bloom
They have been watered
By memories of one who loved us
Above all.

I am at peace.

For Mama (December 12, 1922 - June 11, 2009)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like butter, slowly melting

The Fear of Excess

Falling out of Love?