Again, no thanks!

10/03/2007 03:53 pm

(Para kay AC, BG, at NdC)


And so the list lengthens

Without me knowing why

It stabs at the heart

It allows but a tear to escape

Because more than that

Would salt the wound that is already there.


Do I deserve no good-byes?

No baring of scars I may have caused

No chance to plead my case

Or even just to hear...thank you for your friendship

But no, thanks!


I look beyond

And see no more liaisons of this kind

Not to delight my spirit

And then burn holes in my mind

Not to hold up a mirror to two kindred souls

And then be left behind with shards of what was

But again can never be.



         
Today, maybe against my better judgment, I took a chance at friendship again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like butter, slowly melting

The Fear of Excess

Falling out of Love?