Circles on the map

Saturday, July 08, 2006  1:08 am


This is the place where you are right now
God circled on a map for you

- Hafiz

Where is the place I am right now? Am I happy where I am? Questions that will have different answers depending on when they are asked. My boss asked me one day through text if I were happy with my life. I said, "Oo naman!" but had an urge to add "but it could be happier". But this is what I said - "I have learned that my life's blessings far outnumber the tears I have shed." Was that the politically (spiritually, would be more like it) correct thing to say? Did I really believe that? On another day, I could have said it with conviction. But what was it about that day that made me hesitate?

I guess God draws many circles on the map. He gives you a choice and the one which you choose is one that should make you happy. Now, if only making the choice weren't so hard!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like butter, slowly melting

The Fear of Excess

Falling out of Love?