The Ego, Ignored

10/10/2007 11:18 am

 
I read an entry in one blog which said that the Ego holds one back from expressing his creativity. That is probably true for me. I want to create art but I am always so afraid it will not pass the aesthetic standards of people . Well, most especially because I happen to have a sibling who is an artist! Like most things that I do and say, I am afraid I will be judged negatively. So, I always keep to the safe side of the road. Seldom venturing into the exciting but dangerous beyond-the-limit land. The ego, personified!

But I have come to a point in my life that reacquainting myself with my Id seems like a good idea. No longer afraid of being ridiculed or criticized. No longer hostage to my high A score (After all, I also have a high O score!) No longer caring if my work pales in comparison to L's.

And so the attempt to capture the flowers in Sonya's garden. And so the (so unlike me) vibrant colors. And so I unveil my art!

"The Ego produces Resistance and attacks the awakening artist." 
(Steven Pressfield The War of Art)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like butter, slowly melting

The Fear of Excess

Falling out of Love?