IT'S NOT FAIR! I didn't want a PRADA!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006


Whoever said the best things in life are free probably doesn't like books. I went to two alternative bookstores yesterday and all I could do was browse. The books were so expensive! Nothing an underpaid, overworked teacher could afford on her salary. Not if she has her family's basic needs to think about first.

Yesterday, I felt so sorry for myself. Yes, I do like to live simply but if it means being bereft of reading, then it sure seems like a life not worth living. For once, I wished I had disposable, squanderable income. Then having to decide whether to get this book instead of saving up for my kids' tuition money wouldn't be such an excruciating act.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like butter, slowly melting

The Fear of Excess

Falling out of Love?