Whispers


Poetry from my heart. For a stranger out there. For someone in the realm of my imagination. 


 https://drive.google.com/file/d/16XyWNhsnDhUmyulJWI34RXr_Eid88Pq5/view?usp=drivesdk

I don’t want
Bold displays of affection
I am content with looks across the room
That speak of wanting to be with me

I am not impressed
With loud declarations of love
I am turned on more
With whispers in my ear
Asking if you can secretly hold my hand.

I don’t much care
For boisterous laughter at my jokes
Quiet smiles that say
You understand my poetry
Warm my heart even more.

I just want to be held by you
Like the breaking of day
Quietly, softly, truthfully
No hesitation, no pretense.

I just want to be loved by you
Like the twilight greeting the night
Constantly, faithfully, deeply
Mine, always, in every way.


Tagaytay, December 2020
        


                   

                                                                         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like butter, slowly melting

The Fear of Excess

Falling out of Love?