Bottle of Pain

If I could, I would 
Collect my tears
Shed over all those years
Over you
Infuse them with the fumes of my crushed spirit
Adding the bloody nectar from my broken heart.

I would put  them all in a beautiful bottle
Adorned with elegantly scripted lies 
Only your deceitful eyes can  decipher 
That even fierce rays from the sun 
Could not penetrate and betray
The salty bitterness of this toxic brew.

Surreptitiously delivered to you
No sender, No return address 
Labeled only as “Pain, yours and mine” 
Penned by the hand
That you first nervously held 
On the way to my heart

Would you open the bottle, 
Curious about its cryptic contents
Recklessly trying a drop 
To discover what Despair tastes like? 

Would you savor a drop of Betrayal 
     followed by another and another? 
Until you know exactly who from among those
Whose  hearts and spirits you crushed
Would distill such a vengeful potion? 

I can see your hands trembling 
From the uncertainty of unlocking
All the years of Silence simmering there
And your fingers smarting 
From the burning kiss that sealed the secrets there.

Only when you have consumed all but one drop
Will you taste the sweetness of Forgiveness 
Allowing even the light from the Moon that was you
To shine through,
Shattering, disintegrating the many Stars
Who shared in my bottle of Pain.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like butter, slowly melting

The Fear of Excess

Falling out of Love?