All Wrong

 It was all wrong

Even from the start

You were so different

From my dream of who 

Would steal my heart


A strong, deep voice

Who would sing for me

Reassuring arms that would

Ward off threats to my fragility 


A quiet, comforting presence

Constantly by my side

Yet smart-ass, wise-cracking, 

Crazy sexy, at my secret bidding


But I got it all wrong, all these you were not!


I misread your aura, I misheard your songs

Maybe because you came into my life

When tears were blurring my vision 

And my ears could not catch the decibels of lies


I was never right for you as well

With someone else’s knots I could not untangle

During your sparse hours of need, I could only linger

Struggling to bear the weight of our vowed forevers


Digging deep into the fading years 

Uncovering wounds that refuse healing

Tightly-wound memories unravel

Questions haunt me yet again


How could truly loving each other then

Ever be judged by the world as wrong? 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like butter, slowly melting

The Fear of Excess

Falling out of Love?