In memory of unrequited and lost loves

They say that in many cases of people suffering from Alhzeimer’s disease, they are able to retrieve memories from their distant past but are no longer able to form new memories. I am guessing that  those that are more readily retrieved and reported with more details are those that made us laugh and cry with all our heart (hypothesis coming from this psychologist).

I wonder now which memories from my youth will I remember when I’m ancient and possibly lost in my own world. I know for certain  that my unrequited loves (I had quite a few!) will be on that playlist! Will I have any regrets in my old age about never telling them then about my feelings? Would I ask myself whether my life would have been different if I had bared my heart?

Pablo Neruda’s Sonnet XVII is here saying what I couldn’t say before...

https://youtu.be/CO7EPbNJACk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like butter, slowly melting

The Fear of Excess

Falling out of Love?