My dream (tree) house


First, it started with a longing to have a place of refuge, away from noise and mess of my city life. Maybe a room in someone's house in Tagaytay I could rent or borrow whenever I needed to be by myself. Just a small one with just enough space for a bed and a table to hold my books and laptop. But that room had to have a breathtaking view! One that would inspire me to think, dream, and write. That's when I thought that space had to be high up on a tree.

And then of course, there were the basic necessities for which I would need a kitchen and a bathroom. So the small room had to have siblings of similar size. Yes, that would still fit into my tree house, I thought!

Then, it ocurred to me that my 50+ knees and legs would have to negotiate a ladder to get up to the rooms on a tree. Imagining my struggle to get to the top, I started giving up on my treehouse. Until.... ta... rah... I saw this photograph! Yes, yes, yes!  It fitted all the specs of this ever-hopeful, ever-dreaming woman! Not only did it have the rooms I wanted and the access ramp I would eventually need, it had lots of space for family and friends whenever I needed to abandon solitude!

Now, if you see yourself enjoying the breeze and the view of sky with me in that treehouse, you must join me in visualizing the ways and means to bring this picture into reality. All together now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like butter, slowly melting

The Fear of Excess

Falling out of Love?