A Letter to My Students

Dear Psych 124 and Psych 145 students,

I’m sure you have heard about the BOR approval of the recommendations of the Presidential Advisory Council (PAC). Pending the issuance of the Implementing Procedures and Guidelines, the Psych department faculty will meet on April 22 to come up with measures that will take into utmost consideration the situation and sentiments of students!  Rest assured that your Psych teachers remain to be conscious of your needs during this period!

These last few weeks has been difficult for me as well. Being a teacher is not the only role I have to play in this crisis situation. Every single day, I have to make a decision as to which role takes precedence over the others. Please pardon me if in the past few weeks, being a wife, mother, and household manager have been my priority. Sometimes, even the seemingly simple task of making sure of having food on our table takes most of my attention. I have also lost time and energy mourning the deaths of people I know! While I have not been able to regularly ask how you are doing, you are constantly in my thoughts. I have things that I want to do to help make your quarantine more productive or reach out to those of you who might need comforting but they remain just as flashes of inspiration written on my notebook or nagging thoughts that won’t go away!

I take comfort in the thought that all these shall pass in God’s perfect time! In the meantime, let’s be brave when we can but also cry when we need to! Ask for help when the burden seems insurmountable! Give support when you are the stronger one! Smile and laugh as there still many reasons to do so! Let’s continue washing our hands, using our masks, and keeping pur distance! But most of all, let’s pray fervently for ourselves, our loves ones, and those who risk their lives so that we can continue to live!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like butter, slowly melting

The Fear of Excess

Falling out of Love?