My cancer odyssey

Sharing my Praise Report with all of you


It has been a tumultuous year, starting in January 2023 when I discovered a lump on my chest area and being told in January 2024 that our prayers for my healing and recovery have been answered! Truly, God has been with us in this bumpy journey. Early on, I envisioned a big, jaw-dropping miracle of complete healing but it was not to be! My realization now is that God always provided me with small, quiet miracles that mattered while I was going through the arduous process of  consultations, tests, and treatments. 


First, the side effects I experienced were tolerable and I did not fall seriously sick while my immune system was compromised. Most times, I was surprised by the calmness I felt even when hearing bad news and going through painful procedures!  Sa totoo lang, hindi ako umiyak kahit minsan. (sige na nga, mayroon namang 2 luha na pumatak pero hanggang doon lang)! 


Second, muddled medical issues would always be resolved and decisions were arrived at with the patient guidance of doctors after constant prayers to the Holy Spirit. 


Third, our finances did not prepare us for the tremendous amounts that we needed and still need to shell out for the tests and treatments but the Lord always provided through the Love gifts of family and dear friends and the generosity of my kind doctors! When there were no more available funds, they would literally come at the time we needed the money and in almost exactly  the same amount necessary to pay for drugs and tests! 


Lastly, the prayers of so many people, even strangers, fortified my faith in God’s goodness and strengthened me physically when things were getting rough!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like butter, slowly melting

The Fear of Excess

Falling out of Love?