Luna’s song

In the distance, a lone cello is playing 

The forgotten song of my heart 

Warm, earthy, like vapors after a summer rain

Rising from the stoney paths

Where years ago, our hands met.


Muffled echoes of plaintive sighs

Escaping from the empty, cavernous space 

Where my heart, loving you then, once throbbed 

Each low, pianissimo tone caressing  the scars

Of my wounds long healed.


Staccato notes, teasing the corners of my mouth

Waking up the smiles that once

Contained our secrets

Staining my mouth once more

With lies disguised as fervent kisses


Abruptly, the mournful melody dies.

Just a few measures short

Of its awaited, dulcet ending

Only your mute music lingers 

And stays to embrace my heart.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like butter, slowly melting

The Fear of Excess

Falling out of Love?