Out for a week

For a few days, I was out flat on my back unwittingly trying to weed out the toxins stuck in my system. The holidays were a killer in terms of activities and the food we guiltlessly heaped on our hapless bodies. One, of course, had the excuse of extreme difficulty of resisting the spread during two wedding receptions and the pre- and post-parties accompanying those. Then there were the two housewarming parties plus the hubby's side of the family's enchantment with all-you-can eat buffets.


Vegeburger in a sesame bun

With cherry tomatoes, lettuce, & cheddar cheese
So, without even venturing to go on a diet,  one was forced on me. Everything more than 3 spoonfuls would end up where it was not intended to be. I spent almost a week going through all kinds of stomach pain and I decided that for all the discomfort and weariness, I should reap something positive from all of these. Lose weight, what else!

   Back on my feet, I decided that I would help the process along by focusing on eating more of vegetables and less of meat. Fish has been seen more frequently in our dining table. And the last of balikbayan chocolates have been consumed!

From my kitchen!
Spinach & mushroom egg cups
One day, we had vegeburger (prepared soybean patties from a supermarket) and on another day, home-cooked spinach and mushroon egg cups. I've cut down on portions and it seems I will survive the occasional hunger pangs with small snacks (Except for one night I had a craving for Kowloon asado siopao!).

   A month later, I think my pants are easier to get into now. If it's all an illusion, because I have not bothered using the tape measure and weighing scale to verify, then I won't let it get me down. We'll continue with our bid to eat healthy in 2013!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like butter, slowly melting

The Fear of Excess

Falling out of Love?