Tagaytay Reveries


Walking back to where I would spend the night, after dinner in a nearby restaurant, the mist-filled night suddenly seemed to bring on all the memories I have of Tagaytay. I was suddenly overcome with emotion, holding back the tears.

This place is a repository of good, happy moments. Where great loves were born. Where children played in abandon. Food relished in the company of people who made me happy. Of growing up. Of getting smart. Of knowing I can do something great. Of getting old and wise.


It also whispers of days and nights of regret, of hopes for what can never be. Where many good-byes have been said. One, on her way to heaven. Many, with resignation to what cannot be changed.  Always with much, much sadness.

This is where solitude is most welcome, where looking inside onself is inevitable. Where my feet were washed by another. Where hurts were and are mended. Where I forgive myself for not being what I hope to be.  Tears have been profuse here.  But they are not unwanted as they have served to cleanse and fortify my soul!

Beauty in the trees and the colors of the flowers. Green and refreshing. Fog-covered dawns give way to sunny mornings. In the nippy and fresh air, I can breathe hope for tomorrow and a reassurance that warm hugs will always be there.


I pray here. I retreat from the world here. I savor life here. Yes,  in Tagaytay, I can close my eyes and through the tears, always know that God resides here. And believe that when I return home, all will be well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like butter, slowly melting

The Fear of Excess

Falling out of Love?