MLC

2011 Commissioning of members of the Ministry of Lectors & Commentators
Holy Family Parish



       Hmmmm... all wrong on the fashion angle! But so right on lectoring being a vital part of my life. It all begun in 1985 when I applied to become a lector/commentator, undergoing the training program, until I received commissioning with the rest of the group in a former parish. Back then, I was a young mother to my son who was still a toddler. Throughout my pregnancy with my next child, I would serve mass until I was ready to pop! For many years, our lives revolved around the roles our family would play in different ministries in the parish. My children were in the Children's choir, my mother was with the "Handmaids of the Lord" and I was also a volunteer catechist while still a lector.

       But things inevitably change. People change. Even when strained relations with people at the helm of the parish made me chose another pathway,  I was still fortunate that I could still carry on with lectoring duties at Radyo Veritas and much later, in our "real" parish (And that's another long story).

       My children are now both adults in their 20s, my career has gone through many changes, and my personal life - so many ups and downs. But the one constant in my life in the last 27 years has been my service  to the Lord through lectoring and commentating. He has given me a gift that I hope to continue sharing with the community as long as He allows me to. Being in this ministry is the one thing that has taught me the meanings of dedication, commitment, and sacrifice. It has been the anchor which has made it possible for me to cling to my Catholic faith.

And so it seems, the Sunday uniform and I will be together for many more years to come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like butter, slowly melting

The Fear of Excess

Falling out of Love?