My Inner Diva

Thanks to Maridol for the picture

"This is diva therapy, it’s when you need grand gestures of fabulousness added with a high level of art doused with a bit of gossip and giggles to keep one’s mood buoyant."

           I almost didn't buy this pair of slip-ons. While they appealed to my aesthetic sense, I wasn't sure if the excessive display of color and the intricate bead work belonged to something that would just shod my feet. But the "bongga" in me could not be contained. It was just struggling to get out!

          I've always had trouble deciding between that which is subtle and understated and something that would be considered bright and flamboyant. Much as I believe in "less is more," I am also in awe of intricate and small details in designs.Whether these choices concern my wardrobe or home decor, I'm usually stumped when there are two equally active alternatives. Recently, when faced with a choice between beige or red for a pair of shoes, a colleague proposed a solution by suggesting that I just get both. Which I gladly did to help contain the inner struggle!

          That I would be attracted to color schemes & designs that are poles apart probably speak of the two persons that I am.  On the surface, I try to project a persona of calm and restraint but deep inside me resides this creature who wants to express vividly all that she feels about her life.  I want people to know that my joy (or its complete opposite sometimes) cannot be contained in simple, uncomplicated packages!   All I know is it makes me happy to be part of the beauty that surrounds me!

             Oh yes, my inner diva has been awakened! At least for a little while. All it needed was a call from a pair of outrageously colorful Liliw slip-ons. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like butter, slowly melting

The Fear of Excess

Falling out of Love?