The Instant Fan


         I've always been an APO fan. I love their easy-to-listen to music, the way they seemed to enjoy singing together all these years and of late, their contributions to the political scene. But as a teen-ager,  I was particularly interested in  Jim Paredes. For me, he was the most attractive of the 3 members. I have followed developments in his career and personal life. Even now, I follow him on Twitter and read his blog. I've never paid to much attention to Danny Javier and Buboy Garrovillo except to think that the former seemed to be the smartest and the latter was cute in a little boy way.  

       But things kinda changed when I met Buboy in person last November 2010. Yes, he was still cute as he didn't seem to be too different from how he has looked since I was in high school. But it wasn't that which struck me about him. He seemed to be just a guy-next-door who wasn't trying too hard to be the celebrity that he was. He trudged through rocky paths and sweated like the rest of us in a garbage landfill inauguration. He gladly obliged countless requests for pictures and even an unrehearsed song number in the event we were in Cebu for. He was most charming in his laid-back, simple way! And that is why I am once again and evermore an APO fan!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Like butter, slowly melting

The Fear of Excess

Falling out of Love?